Grass Manhole Covers
Another new item to our catalogue at Spudulica home and garden (spudulica.co.uk)
Another great product to improve your outdoor spaces.
Grass top covers are specially designed to help grass or plants grow, allow drainage and cover any ground access holes. Stopping the need for unsightly iron or metal manhole covers in your lawn or garden.
Each cover can take vehicular traffic and has built in lifting keys.
The grass manhole cover has drilled holes and 2 layers of specialist membrane to allow drainage. These covers can also be used for areas that also need drainage, but won’t be grassed for example bark, gravel. The recess will hold the bark and gravel in place. The main part of the cover is galvanised steel to prevent rusting.
Multiple square sizes available
When choosing your cover be aware sizes given are the opening size. The overall size of the cover will be bigger.
Clear opening size = smallest hole in the frame
External dimensions/overall frame size = total measurement
Grass manhole cover sizes:
Circular recessed cover – 450mm external size – 495mmx150mm
Opening size- 200x300x80mm – external size 438x438x93mm
Opening size- 450x450x80mm – external size 580x580x88mm
Opening size- 600x450x80mm – external size 695x545x96mm
Opening size- 600x600x80mm – external size 690x690x96mm
Opening size- 750x600x100mm – external size 850x700x105mm
Opening size- 900x600x100mm – external size 1000x700x105mm
Opening size- 900x900x100mm – external size 1000x1000x105mm
- Remove old lid and utilise hammer to remove the old frame and cement holding it in place (don’t fall into hole)
- Mix your premixed cement with some water to make a cake mix type slightly stiff consistency
- Add the mix around the hole where the cover will sit
- Place the cover down on the mix and use the hammer gently to level the cover into the mix at the same height as the surrounding grass
- Allow the mix to set overnight
- Fill the cover and surrounding ground with your topsoil / compost. Fill level if using seed or 20mm lower than surface if using rolled turf
- Spread grass seed and wait for growth or roll out turf and compact into the cover and surrounding ground.
- Job done! All in all, maybe 2 hrs work and a great result.
So if you have an annoying cover right in the middle of your lawn or gravel area – these are for you!