That last month of the year brings with it a number of different weathers and a slowing down in the garden.
But nothing in the garden is ever stopped.
A quick round up of the december jobs you may have for your garden t finish the year!
- Insulate outdoor taps/ water pipes /diverter kits
- Prune hedges and fruiting plants
- Keep checking on those vulnerable and newly planted plants – hopefully they will be wrapped up/covered and doing fine.
- Snow! dont panic, can you uncover any plants or hedges. shake it off trees and shrubs. Be careful if dusting off a large hedge that you dont imitate a snowperson!
- Use cuttings for mulch
- Any alpine plants? clear these of fallen leaves – they are not a fan of mulch.
- plant any last minute bulbs
- clear pots of fallen leaves – add them to your compost heap
- Check on your potted plants – also hopefully gathered together in a sheltered location
- Keep those indoor plants close to the window for best light exposure
- Keep watering to a minimum
A few small jobs for those december days ready for a new year of garden adventures.
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from all at Spudulica Home and Garden.