The nights are getting lighter, and the clocks are about to change, it nearly time for spring. The most exciting season of the year.
After the long cold months that have gone and the strangeness of the last year it really feels like a new beginning.
It is the perfect time to get out in the garden and prepare for the season ahead.
- Let us tidy up those beds, pots and baskets.
- Clean and wash greenhouses/cold frames
- Choose and plant summer flowering bulbs.
- Check your current garden plants.
- Keep an eye out for pests out to enjoy the warmer weather and chomp on your new plant’s growth.
- Prepare beds by digging in compost/manure.
- You can even get on with planting out some colder loving veggies.
From February onwards you can plant kale, onions, peas, turnips, and spinach.
You can plant all kinds of veg over the next few months that will keep you stocked up over summer/autumn.
March to May you can get carrots, beetroot, and parsnips outside.
May to June you can get your indoor started veggies outside including peppers, tomatoes, watermelon, and cucumber.
There is so much to enjoy in the coming months, let us not forget our lovely spring blooming flowers not just the bulbs you planted in the winter. Azaleas, cherry blossom, magnolias, and primroses (a personal favourite) can be adding colour right now. Giving you a taste of what is to come.
Lets make spring 2021 the best year ready for a fun summer with all our loved ones!