Remember that permeable driveways are now the only alternative for your driveway
Guidance from the government now advises all renovations and renewals to be permeable.
As covered in our last blog Permeable paving does not have to be a daunting prospect there are many options to choose from that in turn create many different looks once finished.
EcoGrid E40 is a world leading permeable paving solution look at its credentials also used by NATO.
Test certifications are –
- DIN 4102 – Approval emergency access routes, fire resistance
- DIN 1072 – Approval for 40 tonne axle load, driveways, road extensions, bridges
- DIN IN ISO 124 and B125 – Approval for car parks, access roads & storage areas
- DIN 38412 Environmentally neutral, safe & tested OECD 202:2004
- Point axle loading up to 40 T/m², DIN 1072:1985
- UV-resistant, certified DIN EN 60068-2-5
- Heavy-duty, tried and tested DIN EN 124:2011
How to Step by Step – gravel filled example
- Excavate drive to 300mm below finished floor level.
- Excavate material to be removed.
- Install ducts as required for power and water.
- Spread geotextile ground stabilising fabric over the base, back fill to 210mm depth with MOT type 1 X reduced fines to allow rainwater to permeate away from the surface.
- Cover the base with second layer of membrane to prevent sand wash out into the voids in the MOT Type 1X.
- Spread with 50mm depth of flooring sharps sand. Compact well.
- Cover with a third layer of membrane to stabilise the EcoGrid paving.
- Fit the EcoGrid E40.
- Back fill with 10mm depth of gravel.
- Top soil and seed around the edges to finish.
Pro’s for plastic paving grid as a driveway
Easily lifted and can be reused
Easy to fit
Many finishing options
Send us your requirements and we can help you get started on your new permeable driveway.